Went spent Stephen's first father's day in Watkins Glen, NY, with my parents. We love all the Finger Lakes, so it was a major treat to make the trek. Such a gorgeous day.
(No. Literally. We hiked a gorge. Look!)
Ada napped on the way up and babbled the entire way down. Also, because many of you have written to me about shoes, those Saltwater sandals held up extremely well considering how much of the trail was made up of mud puddles. Pretty AND functional.
We did a ton of other stuff this weekend, too.
- Stephen's parents were up vising from New Jersey.
- We went to two breweries, which is sort of a big deal because we never do stuff like that anymore.
- Stephen ran a 20K (I was supposed to as well, but didn't because Ada was sick -- see below) -- he came in 3rd.
- I went to an open house, not that we're looking to move ASAP, but it was tempting.
- We caved and bought an iPad. (Related: We are now hooked to Face Time.)
- We were also in Watkins Glen to check out an old Scamp camper. Unfortunately, it needed way too much work. We're sticking to our new-to-us tent this season.
Hope you all had a great day celebrating dads and weekends.
Like what you just read? Stay connected! You can subscribe to the feed of these posts, chat with us on Twitter or Facebook. And you can always email us with your questions and comments.