Some of you may have seen my photos from Instagram the other day when I untangled Ada’s Repunzel doll. It was a long time coming, but I guess in between all the writing, cleaning, and thinking I do -- smoothing princess tresses makes the responsibility list.
Here’s a before/after:
HOW TO + MORE
1. // I just mixed together a couple tablespoons of my natural conditioner (I use Everyday Shea) with a couple tablespoons of wonderfully versatile epsom salt, then I filled the rest of the spray bottle with warm water.
2. // After shaking to incorporate, I brushed out as much of the big knots as possible.
3. // Then I spritzed to dampen, let sit for a minute, and got back to brushing.
4. // Finally, I rinsed with plain water, wrung hair out, then let the doll dry overnight.
As far as these smoothie cubes go, they’re pretty basic. You make the smoothie, you drink a lot and save any extra in these handy silicone cube trays. Even if it’s only enough for a few cubes. keep them in a bag in your freezer, then use as you need ‘em. Ada usually drinks 3-4 of them mixed with some milk. Sometimes a few more, if she’s particularly hungry.
My favorite for Ada:
- Chocolate + Green Bean Smoothie
- Simple Strawberry Smoothie + handful of greens
- Blueberry Smoothie + handful of greens
I’d love to try some new recipes with Ada!
Like what you just read? Browse more of our posts + recipes on Pinterest. Chat with us on Twitter or Facebook. And you can always email us with your questions and comments.